I hope everyone had a good run Monday. I am sorry that I wasn't able to be there. I did have a few concerns regarding the safety of the runners and visibility at night. Due to the fact that it will still be dark for a while on our group runs, I have to ask that each one of you have either a headlamp on, or reflective, light colored clothing on if you want to run outside. If you don't have these items by Monday night, we will not be able to run outside. Please understand that your safety is my first concern.
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
–Robert J. Collier
How many of you are eating a small breakfast before your mid week runs?
Are you having a snack in afternoon before our group on Monday? If you aren’t, this needs to change. Your body needs some fuel prior to your run, especially in the morning, so try to eat 1-2 hours before you begin. It doesn’t have to be a lot of food, just something to give your system a boost.
I have a few suggestions on what to eat prior to your workouts:
1 – 2 hours prior
1 slice whole wheat toast with a thin layer of peanut butter or
1 Banana with 4 oz. yogurt or
Pre-made energy bar or
1/2 bagel with thin layer cream cheese or
Apple and 1 string cheese or
Try to drink plenty of fluid as well- make sure to read your handout on hydration for the latest guidelines.
Next week we will all be running outdoors!
See you Monday at 6:30pm.
To Your Health,
Misty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment